Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Wait

Ok, so it's only Tuesday, so I still have 6 days to wait for the clinic visit in Detroit. The waiting is driving me nuts, but there have been distractions... Picking up medical records, pathology slides, planning the travel to Detroit: drive? Train? Fly? Where to stay - this is apparently an important decision when traveling to Detroit! My husband worked there for a few months last year, so luckily has first hand experience of where to avoid.

All in all, my experience so far with Karmanos Cancer Centre has been great. They are so thorough; from reviewing the biopsy pathology reports AND slides to make sure the diagnosis was correct, to reviewing my ENTIRE medical file for the past 10 years. I also had a few tests done this week here in Toronto and will bring those results with me too. So far it sounds worth my $400!

As for how i'm feeling health-wise, I'm just tired and itchy! The tiredness has been a problem since about June and I can't recall when the itchiness began. Lately I've been late to work, and even taking sick days or working from home because I'm so pooped. But otherwise I'm normal; had a great night out with my BFF last week and laughed our heads off and enjoyed some great pub grub and long island iced teas! That was great. Then Halloween with my nephew and nieces was great too; there's nothing like girl-time and playing with (good) kids to distract you!

So friends, remember to check your skin. Have you checked the bottoms of your feet? What about your scalp? You can check most of your scalp when you're blow drying your hair. Do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment