Total Pageviews

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Buh-bye Numbers 1, 2 and 3!

There! Just a week after I saw the new Dermatologist in Toronto, and based on the recommendations of the clinic in Detroit, I had the three lesions removed today. Here's a reminder of how they looked a few weeks ago:


And now how they look:

These were removed using the "scraping technique" which was basically using a scalpel and cutting them, like carving a slice of meat!


This one, on my inner thing, was removed using a "punch", it was a tool that looks like a pen. The doctor said that the tool is also useful if you need to make an additional hole in a belt!!!

Poor Number 3, which is on my inner right thigh, was a bleeder! It took four stitches and lots of pressure bandaging to get it to stop bleeding. The dermatologist even asked me if I took blood thinners it was bleeding so much! It added excitement to the visit and gave me an excuse to buy myself popcorn (I was such a good patient!!!) My next appointment is in two weeks when he'll take out the stitches (hopefully he'll remember to take ALL of them, not like Derma #3), and to get the biopsy results.

The other thing he did today, was to look at the BCC site which is currently getting the "special cream" - so named to make my BFF more comfortable with the idea of it being chemotherapy! On the surface (hahaha) it doesn't look like anything is happening, but the doctor said that's OK. So I am just finishing week one of the first two weeks, then I'm off the treatment for two weeks, and then back on for another two weeks. I should be done right around Christmas. Here is the latest picture of Mr. BCC: after 5 days of treatment:


So that's it for now! Remember: check your skin - that includes your lips and the tips of your ears!


2 comments:

  1. How are you doing my dear? I'm glad you took matters into your own hands and got things moving. Looking forward to a happier healthier you!

    D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the special cream business... it helps a lot! Goodbye lesions and good riddance!

    ReplyDelete