Total Pageviews

Sunday, December 5, 2010

12 Days After Latest Biopsies

Hello everyone!

It's been 12 days since my latest biopsies, and I've also completed my first round of chemo special cream. I'm to take two weeks off the treatment, then on Dec. 15 I'll start my last two weeks. This coming Wednesday I'll get the results from the biopsies, and have the doctor look at how I'm healing. The poor stitches on my inner thigh keep opening up and bleeding, and I think it's when I cross my legs as I get a tearing kind of pain when I do that and don't realise I'm doing it. The ones on my back are taking their time to heal, and are sore. So, since there's nothing interesting to report, I thought I would post some more  recent pictures! These I just took tonight; which was hard because I'm home alone. Try taking a picture of a certain part of your back all by yourself!!!

Remember, the two on my back were removed by a method they call "scraping", but it was more like meat carving. The one on my thigh was removed using a "punch" (which created a deep circle hole) and the circle was closed with stitches. Here they are today:


Thigh, 12 days after punch removal

Two on back, 12 days after scraping removal
So you can see that the bruise on my thigh is gone, and it was pretty cool to watch as it changed colours: purple, yellow, blue, green... bruises are very fascinating things. Why yellow? Why blue? Is my blood a rainbow of colours??? The stitches are holding up, but I'm not sure they're going to be ready to be removed on Wednesday. We'd better be ready for a repeat session of the bleeding if the doctor decides to take the stitches out! You can also see that the two on my back are healing, but they're kinda sore.

So, I'll post back again on Wednesday with the results of the biopsies, and the plan for ongoing assessment. Thanks for reading, and talk soon!





No comments:

Post a Comment